Ketjap (Indonesian Pork)
3 to 4 servings
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lbs lean pork cut into 1x1/2x1/2” rectangles
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 100ml ketjap (Indonesian soysauce)
- 100ml water
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 tsp corn starch
Swirl oil around the heated wok to smoking point.
Add onions and pork and brown meat on all sides.
Lower heat and continue to cook meat for approx. 15 minutes.
Put ketjap, water and honey in a pot.
Boil together until honey is dissolved and add the sauce to
the meat. Mix the corn starch with some water and add to thicken
the sauce. Serve with rice.
- 50 g Chinese rub
- 250 g pork fillet, cut into fine strips
- 250 g peeled, de-veined raw tiger prawns
- 15 ml spoon groundnut oil
- 1 small onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 pieces of ginger finely chopped
- 200 g pack babycorn and mangetout, babycorns cut in half
- 250 pack medium egg noodles, cooked as pack instructions
- 30 ml sherry
Place the chinese rub into a plastic bag then add the pork
and prawns and shake until thoroughly coated.
Heat the groundnut oil in a large frying pan or wok, then
add the pork and prawns and cook for 5-6 minutes, remove and
put to one side on a plate.
Add the onion and root ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes, finaly
add the vegetables and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Lastly
add the rice noodles, prawns, pork and scherry heat for 2-3